Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Nurture Shock




Nurture Shock was a book I had to read in college in one of my psychology classes. I found the content really interesting and relevant. I have decided to re-read it now as there is some great information. I highly recommend this book if you are a parent as it provides new thinking about children. Each chapter addresses a different topic, all which are crucial to parenting. The chapters are:

1. The Inverse Power of Praise
2. The Lost Hour (sleep)
3. Why White Parents Don't Talk about Race
4. Why Kids Lie
5. The Search for Intelligent Life in Kindergarten
6. The Sibling Effect
7. The Science of Teen Rebellion
8. Can Self-Control Be Taught?
9. Plays Well With Others
10. Why Hannah Talks and Alyssa Doesn't

So as you can see from the chapter titles, all the topics are important while raising a child. I think it's an easy read well worth your time. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment