Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fitness Apps

I love finding new great apps to keep me on track with my fitness goals. Here are a few of the ones I love!


I love the app Weilos! It's basically an app for fitness motivation. People post pictures, quotes, before and after shots, tips, etc for all things related to health and fitness. There are days where I browse through Weilos more than Facebook, which is great! If I'm ever feeling like I don't want to go to the gym, I read through a few posts and I am instantly ready to go!



Lose It is an app to track your daily calories, your exercise, your weight loss, etc. It is very similar to My Fitness Pal, but I find it easier to navigate. It has restaurant and grocery store foods in its library so you can track calories while eating out as well. There is a barcode-scan option to make it easier to track foods that have a barcode. It also has a pie graph that shows your daily percentages of proteins, carbs and fats. I love this option because I am trying to track my macronutrients better. 


Interval Timer is another great app for interval training. You can use the interval training method for any type of exercise, but I use it for jogging or sprinting. The concept behind interval training is to do something hard core for a short period of time where your heart rate is high, and then switch to a lower pace to let your heart rate come back down. You would repeat this pattern for several sets. With this app you can set how long you want your intense interval to be, how long the low-intense activity will be, and how many sets you want to do. You can also set the time for a warm-up and cool down. 


What are some of your favorite fitness apps?



No comments:

Post a Comment